The General Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of China was founded on November 1, 1946 in Nanking, China, previously known as the National Federation of Chambers of Commerce. Thus Merchants' Day is now celebrated annually on this day. After the ROC government was relocated to Taiwan, the chamber was re-established in 1952, and since 1973, it is formally known as「The General Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of China」(ROCCOC).
ROCCOC is an internationally renowned organization and the apex of the Taiwan commercial chambers structure according to the ROC’s Commercial Organization Law. In its continued drive for service excellence, and consistent endeavor to the prosperity and development of business community, our Chairman and Board of Directors and Supervisors have made significant contribution and are well recognized by Taiwan society.
We are a self-funded, non-profit organization, and as such, we play a key and pro-active role in representing the interests of the local business community. Our mission is to promote, represent and safeguard the interests of the Taiwan business community and we act as a platform to better deliver the voices to the government to facilitate and to communicate with our group members. We are committed to create a prosperous future for Taiwan’s business community!
- Research and study most current economic policies and business laws.
- Promote international trade and explore outward trade opportunities.
- Help facilitate cross-strait business-related affairs and guidance for local companies.
- Strengthen the soft power by developing cultural and creative Industry to raise island’s profile to global stage.
- Implement economic-related affairs and projects entrusted by government.
- Improve human resources development and transact the professional career training.
- Promote licensing system and expand the functions of training certification.
- Provide and compile business trend and trade information for local business community.
- Represent the interests of the private sectors and establish business group data profile to safeguard member rights.
- Issue Certificate of Origin (C/O) and commercial related documents.
- Select and award the outstanding entrepreneurs and individual excellence.